AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smoking gun on the lost it found it corn stocks number.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/11/2013 10:15 (#3437621 - in reply to #3437523)
Subject: Not so "ho-hum" now.. is it?

225 myn bushels of corn fed before Sept 1st...??  Really..???

Well Keep in mind that Texas STARTED harvesting Sorghum the first week of July..

http://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_State/Texas/Publications/Crop_Progress_&_Condition/

They had almost 50% of the Sorghum crop out by the END of JULY.. as well as 39% of the CORN OUT by the 11th of August...  and were well into loading trains..  for US feed demand as well as looks like Exports into Mexico.. or by truck into Mexico..etc.. still exports.

but 225 myn bushels SHIPPED and then fed...?? 

Well keep in mind that THIS IS A SHELL GAME.. it was Corn probably In Nebraska.. in Kansas.. in Iowa.. Minny..etc that was fed.. while we subbed corn that was HARVESTED in Tx.. in La.. Ms.. that if nothing else sat in ENDING STOCKS.. 824 myn bushels of Corn.. some.. 100 + myn bu in S Texas..La..Ms..  We DID NOT HAVE THE STOCKS here in the SW feeding areas.. it was pretty well picked clean by then.. feeding wheat.  Yet USDA says.. "out of corn?!?  No we're not.. ending carry out is 824.." but they don't TELL YOU WHERE the carry out is!!

SHELL GAME!!

We haven't even mentioned.. Ga..82 myn bu crop.. Al 42 myn bu.. Ar 148 myn bu.. NC 123 myn bu.. and SC 43 myn bushel crops... so USDA Tracks Exports.. etc.. and as we noted some.. like Tx.. like La.. showed up there.. some was fed.. and some was barged north.. probably not a whole lot by Sept 1st but no doubt they probably loaded some... for processing.. CR..??  Eddy..??  there was talk.. not sure how much IF ANY made it before Sept 1st.. but that was all the talk in Sept.. "barges going north.."

All I know is that things were running at capacity.. we would have brought MORE corn up from down south if we could have found the freight.. they were trucking Corn UP from Dallas here in Middle of Sept.. so given that this Country has the capacity to export 120 myn bushels of grain per week.. from a port.. we can ALSO run that in reverse.. as this year shows..

225 myn fed before Sept 1st is the catch all for..??  maybe 25 myn exported..  maybe 50 myn processed.. and yes.. 150 myn fed.. or "something like that.."  Remember how USDA figures Feed useage...

"well we know what we raised.. what we exported.. what we milled.. and what the stocks are.. so whatever it takes to balance MUST be the number.."

so it's sloppy.. and messy.. but how else would you do it?  I'm not bashing USDA.. I'm just pointing out the big miss.. by the trade..  It's a record corn crop.. HOWEVER, demand is not Dead... in fact.. due to some VERY HARD WORK by some people.. it's alive.. it's working.. and now corn prices are cheaper.

All I'm saying is.. "let's be real here.."

Tara.. you probably got a shot at your wheat target.. I don't know that acres are up that much.. it's gonna be the double crop that gets tossed.. and as I said we ran out of calender here...  Who knows.. we'll see what USDA says..   and no doubt we'll cuss and discuss it afterwards and make sure it makes sense...  ;-)           

As this year shows.. we can do it.. we can grow it.. ship it.. mill it.. feed it.. etc.. and yes turn it into Ethanol and ship the DDG's to China..

.. even I'm impressed.  There's no need to cut the mandate.. but even if they do.. we can grind it anyway.. you can't stop a market from working.     

Edited by JonSCKs 11/11/2013 11:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)