AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smoking gun on the lost it found it corn stocks number.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/11/2013 21:14 (#3438853 - in reply to #3437959)
Subject: Pretty tight here Tara..

I don't think Hawaii.. nor Alaska were too worried about it... but in the rest of the cornbelt.. things got pretty tight.  Recall that USDA added 100 myn bushels to the stocks report for Minnesota back in March for whatever reasons... ???  (uhum.. Better yields.. at the end not as fried as expected in 2012 crop..??
So Minny should have been about as FLUSH with corn as anyone...

Out here.. it WAS TIGHT..

to broker "as tight as 1996?" 

"sure seems like it to me."

That is part of the reason WHY we fed so much wheaties..

This number is a little hard to peg.. I'm going with 476 myn bushels Harvested BEFORE Sept 3rd.. a Monday.. if you want the 1st.. on Saturday.. and you argue that guys brought in..???  how much over the weekend...???  10%.. okay.. 428'ish then.. for SEPT 1st!

Again.. my beef.. is that you only get to count the 428 myn bu # ONCE.. either as feed useage.. and STOCKs in 12/13.. OR.. Production in 13/14.. but NOT BOTH.  If we harvested corn in August.. in Texas and fed it.. either in Tx or in Kansas.. which we did both this year.. that is a FACT.. then you Do NOT get to use it AGAIN on the balance sheet as Corn available to go to ending carryout a YEAR LATER...  No matter HOW USDA asks the question...

Let's say Tx harvested 167 myn bushels before Sept 1st.. let's say.. 20 myn went to Mexico as exports.. 15 myn was fed locally.. and 15 myn went to the interior US and fed.. the rest sat in a bin on Sept 1st. 

Tell me.. how does USDA show this..?

I guess I do not understand how USDA can FIND more corn.. sitting in a bin in Tx.. and CUT 12/13 demand as they did in the last report.. that DOES NOT make sense..  

Edited by JonSCKs 11/11/2013 22:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)