AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need to vent about my dad a little.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tater1086
Posted 11/9/2013 11:51 (#3434141 - in reply to #3432585)
Subject: Re: Need to vent about my dad a little.

Snipesville, GA
I still farm with my dad and granddaddy. My granddaddy will be 85 this year and my father is in his early 60's. I became a partner on this farm my great granddad bought back in the 30's. I did argue with both my dad and granddad a good bit. I finally backed off done things there way and did some of my in small test plots ways on the backside of the field no one could see. I would mainly show my granddad how I was being more efficient in these times when money is tighter. He would look and just shake his head. He knew I was right sometimes but he would never give credit when it was due and he still don't. We went strip-till about 7 years ago and I was going to plant corn in the cotton stalks that were only mowed down, I ask him to come pick me up in the field and he said I'll be glad to because I want to see you go through that bunch of S**t you left. I pulled in the field dropped the rig down and drove about 100 ft. He come to the back of the planters and said the seed bed looked good and we left. My dad and I get along better now than we ever have. I handle all row crops alone until harvest and all three of us work together on hay baling day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)