AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

high land/cheap int. vs lower land/higher int.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

happyfarmer
Posted 9/10/2013 21:46 (#3320755 - in reply to #3320306)
Subject: normally I would say buy it, but I'm not so sure

Casey Iowa
If its close to your home farms its worth a lil more though and if its a lol below the current market or close to it....maybe go for it.....and if you can put down half or better in cash that would make a difference. Just don't over leverage yourself, that's the main thing.

You never want to put yourself in the position of being too short on cash or the ability to get cash......

Land prolly won't collapse but it may easily be 10-20-30% or more lower inside of 2-3-4-5 years. It also could b right where its at.....get your crystal ball out and shine it up.

Usually when people that have not been buying for the last ten years start buying that's a good time to quit buying.......

My crystal ball says we will have stagnant interest rates for next several years to very slow increase.....gov't can't handle fast increase and neither can economy.....

3-5$ corn and 9-11$ beans makes my rents look kinda high which SLOWLY brings land down.

Turned down land very close to home cause it was too high and we could a paid cash.....right or wrong.....Time will tell.....gonna stat interesting!!"

Had a guy tell me something once and it scared the Willy's out of me....."the bigger u r the harder u fall". I ain't falling;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)