AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

high land/cheap int. vs lower land/higher int.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 9/10/2013 19:35 (#3320306)
Subject: high land/cheap int. vs lower land/higher int.

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
Im plagued with a big choice this fall. Quite a bit of land has come for sale in my area due to deaths of owners. Auctions this fall and been cleared by bank....
Biggest thing on my mind is if land does drop, but interest rates go up were really not gaining anything... payment will still be relatively the same. Only perk i can see is more is tax deductible with higher rates. Its enough ground to break me if prices drop very far... but for 5 years ive been in the position to "look" but not touch, always just a little short. Now im able and scared to death!

Ive been preaching lower prices to myself for a few years, but i really just need some outside opinions....

Articles like the one saying China will need X amount more corn and beans in the future make me very bullish long term, but this summer the market really made me feel like there was a lot of downside in the market once an average crop is achieved.....

(img-fso-november-2012-figure-5_165007691295.jpg)

(c2-70fig1.gif)

(Historical_Interest_rates_aug_2012-650x467.jpg)

(historic-u-s-corn-prices-1866-to-2011.jpg)

(images.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments img-fso-november-2012-figure-5_165007691295.jpg (29KB - 83 downloads)
Attachments c2-70fig1.gif (11KB - 79 downloads)
Attachments Historical_Interest_rates_aug_2012-650x467.jpg (34KB - 90 downloads)
Attachments historic-u-s-corn-prices-1866-to-2011.jpg (64KB - 77 downloads)
Attachments images.jpeg (4KB - 93 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)