AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

good/bad experiences crossing US/Canada border
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Charles Québec
Posted 2/4/2012 14:26 (#2205495 - in reply to #2205420)
Subject: Re: good/bad experiences crossing US/Canada border

I have the feeling that the US reception might be different depending of the leadership of the office where we are crossing. In eastern Vermont the officers are most of the time rudes while the welcoming is much better in western new work. I was crossing 4 to 5 times a week in my village when my son was playing hockey in vermont and the officers were always making these phony over check on me. My rule of thumb: never let an official, would he ba canadian, american, iranian or from the moon drive over me. Sometime it delays my crossing but i figure that it is better for my health that i don't get frustrated.
On the return drive my son and i we wera having a little contest. Lets try to have the least words exchanged with the canadian border officer. We wen't down to three but were pretty close to one. The officer: ''Hockey?'' I: a nod from the head. The officer: started to close is window and finally said ''OK goodnight''.
Have you herd that business must pay an entry fee of ten buck when they cross with any object. I was going to the boumatic dealer with a broken automatic drain to get a new one an the officer pull me over about this. After an heavy argument ( I did tell them that you pay cover when you go to the stripper not when you are on legetimate business) they discovered that dairy farmer were exempted from this ''cover fee''. If my understanding is good if you cross hemty handed you don't pay bbut if you have a broken part as an exemple it cost you $10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)