AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

good/bad experiences crossing US/Canada border
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dakota
Posted 2/4/2012 10:42 (#2205035 - in reply to #2204968)
Subject: RE: good/bad experiences crossing US/Canada border

SC North Dakota
I cross quite regular. Have all the paperwork plus. Cross at Dunsieth. Have had some questionable experiences. Most times not much hassle. Canadian side wanted to take my computer away. It didn't happen but was told next time it would. Have had them get snotty while questioning grandaughter. Have heard lots of complanints from others. US side is similiar. Sometimes go right thru and the next lots of questions. They always ask where I'm going and I never give the same answer twice. Crossing with dogs is no trouble with the right paper work. Went with airplane once andthere was Canadian customs vehicle on the US side so parked on US side and was told we were on the wrong side. Asked for a ride down to office and was told no. Walked the 1/4 mile to office and was told we were on the wrong side by the same guy. Crossed at Emerson with US passports and the gal wanted to know if we were US citizens. Told her I didn't think US citizens could get a Canadian passport. Best to keep quite and smile. hth
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)