AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

good/bad experiences crossing US/Canada border
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jd8850
Posted 2/4/2012 11:23 (#2205125 - in reply to #2204968)
Subject: Re: good/bad experiences crossing US/Canada border

Roseglen, North Dakota
Just glad I don't live any closer and have to go across more often, I would surely lose my cool, spout sarcasm, and end up in the hoosegow. The stories are all the same from Canadians/US citizens. My personal experiences tell me the further west the port is from Pembina, and the smaller the port is, the better off you are. When you get to a port and one of the guys behind the counter farms, then it goes pretty well. I have brought machinery across (into the US) and many times they don't even walk out of the building to inspect it.

The best "true story" came from the dispatcher in Winkler. Friends of his (Canadians) were going down to Walhalla for supper at some friends' house of theirs (ND citizens). The lady had made a fruit salad to 'help out' with the upcoming meal and was holding it on her lap. US guy says, What do you have in that salad, she listed the ingredients, he says you can't bring grapes into the US. She said, ok I'll pick the grapes out right here and eat them, they're going across the border whether they're in the salad or in my stomach. And she did!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)