AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

good/bad experiences crossing US/Canada border
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jd8850
Posted 2/4/2012 10:08 (#2204968)
Subject: good/bad experiences crossing US/Canada border

Roseglen, North Dakota
Has anyone ever felt "violated" going in to Canada or US? It doesn't seem to matter which country you are from and whether you are going in or out, some of the 'border folks' have a tendency to treat you like a criminal.
Our hired man (US citizen) recently took a load of flowers to Winkler, Manitoba through the Pembina/Emerson port (proper paperwork), dumped them (no problem), and came out through the Pembina port. The US guys told him to sit in this room, which he did for 45 minutes before they even acknowledged him, then they interrogated him with dozens of questions. They then proceeded to search the truck in every nook/cranny, opened his lunchbox, and left the interior in total disarray with no explanation/apology.
Are they allowed to treat people like this? Doesn't the citizen of either country have any "rights"? Have been told if you complain they will make it harder for you next time if they know you have done so.
I keep hearing some of this is since 9/11 but I am still puzzled/upset. I hear these kinds of stories from way too many people.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)