AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

good/bad experiences crossing US/Canada border
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BigNorsk
Posted 2/4/2012 11:04 (#2205093 - in reply to #2204968)
Subject: RE: good/bad experiences crossing US/Canada border

Rolla, ND
If they didn't strip search him they weren't too serious.

As for leaving the truck in a mess, they could have have taken off and dismantled his tires and they wouldn't have needed to put them back. I can see why the rule doesn't say they have to put thing back exactly, but some are kind of buttheads about the whole thing.

Lots of data bases in play when he came through the border.

For instance the license plate, driver can get a real hard time because the owner of the rig has a history of something.

Or, he might have been talking to himself as he was waiting his turn and said something suspicious.

Or, something he hauled might have set off a sniffer for drugs.

Or, and I think this is the most likely, the people in Winkler have a bit of history. The Pembina port is pretty good at snagging people who go up to Canada hearing that marijuana is decriminalized, buy a bunch of it and smuggle it back across. If I was to guess, the horticulturalists at Winkler have been directly or indirectly mixed into something like that. Might be an official database, might just be border agent suspicions.

It could be just random, but the have him sit there that long and tear the truck apart like that normally isn't just a random check, something likely came up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)