AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beating a dead horse here, farm machinery and cars
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WHYNOT
Posted 7/5/2011 07:22 (#1849308 - in reply to #1849138)
Subject: RE: The whole convoy scenario--

This is just a guess, my thought is that the military travels that way more for security than safety. Moving that tight doesn't allow for "bad guys" to get in-between vehicles and detonate a bomb or break up the convoy, allowing for the possibility of an ambush on a few vehicles instead of the entire convoy. The chances of that happening here in the states is slim, but they have to practice somewhere.

It all comes down to what your road conditions are. I understand that by spacing out you create more opportunities for an accident between you and another vehicle, but by traveling tight the chances of an accident between two vehicles that have nothing to do with the convoy is greater. Worse yet, it is going to be a head on collision and someone is going to get hurt. If you are traveling on wide open roads where you can see for quite a distance, then I don't see a problem being bunched up. If you are traveling on roads like around here (traffic, tight, very few long unobstructed views) then in my opinion space it out. Where I work they have a policy of every accident is avoidable and for the most part this is true. You can't control the actions of others, but you an control your "environment" (spacing, speed, and such)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)