AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prevent Plant bailout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 7/5/2011 10:35 (#1849516 - in reply to #1848387)
Subject: RE: from the horse's... I mean RMA's mouth

Grand Rapids, MI
buckeyefarmer - 7/4/2011 16:16

So if the producer is quickly expanding and say he raised 3000 acres of corn last year gained 500 acres of corn. He got the 3000 acres of corn planted on time and weather did not allow him to plant the new 500 acres on time so he filed for prevent plant on corn. That doesnt work he would have to switch those to beans or file prevent plant on beans.

This is true if the producers total acres were the same as the year before and the 500 acres came at the expense of beans or some other crop. If the producer expanded 500 or more acres of total cropland there would be a proportinate increase in the acres elgible for PP corn.

So for example if this producer had 4000 acres total in 2010, 3000 corn and 1,000 soybeans. The 3,000 corn is the most he raised in the last 4 years. The producer picks up 500 acres and has 4,500 acres total for 2011. This producer would be elgible for 3,375 acres of planted + PP corn in 2011.

I would hope that one would not have to wait until the adjuster hits the field to figure this out. As an agent I know I had the max acres figured out for all my clients as soon as it appeared that PP may be a real possibility.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)