AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prevent Plant bailout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

scottinswil1
Posted 7/4/2011 20:01 (#1848678 - in reply to #1848564)
Subject: Re: Prevent Plant bailout

Southern IL Randolph County
Good point xlgrower. We have been struggling here in my part of southern Il trying to finish some first crop and double crop beans. In the last 2 weeks we have had over 6 inches of hard pounding rains that have led to unfinished fields plus alot of spotting in replanting.. Everyone in the area has been trying, but yes somehow the neighbor that seems to get there early makes a guy look bad sometimes. Many of these unplanted fields should of orignally went to corn, but the effort has been there in the neighborhood to keep going to beans. except some of us had over 2" of rain yesterday. I have a neighbor that probably only farms 250 acres that just finished this week, so size isn't always the issue. I'm thankful we have insurance, although it is always easier on a persons mind to harvest a decent crop, at least the piece of mind is there finacially. There will be guys without insurance planting beans most of this month. It seems that the guys downing the neighbor for not getting the next door piece in is just wishing that piece was theirs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)