AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Craziest Fix......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Angus in ncmo
Posted 12/20/2010 22:29 (#1497929 - in reply to #1497702)
Subject: RE: Craziest Fix......

I was bringing the 4020 home pulling a harrowgator and had a 12' disk hooked onto the back of that (just to make moving a one trip deal instead of two).  Had traffic behind me and was pushing my luck going as fast as I could to accomodate the traffic behind me, when I 'bounced' onto a rough bridge.  Hitch pin comes out of harrowgator, hydraulic hoses manage to keep the harrowgator relatively straight behind the tractor until it slowed down faster than the tractor and they come loose.  About that time I watched the only hitch pin I had slide/roll under the railing on the bridge and take a dive in the water under the bridge.  Bridge is blocked.

The traffic behind me seemed to be mixed as to whether they were upset or found humor over the predicament.  I back up the 4020, quickly hook up the hydraulic hoses, use the cylinder to get the hitch the right height for the drawbar and used the only thing I had available for a hitchpin -- a trusty pair of slip-joint pliers.  They got me out of the way and made it on home.   Don't really care if I ever go through something like that again.  One semi had a good bit of blue smoke rolling off his tires when he finally realized there was no other option.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)