AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When city folk move to the country
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 10/28/2009 13:04 (#903441 - in reply to #902096)
Subject: I posted this one several years ago-------still one of my favorites........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

Walked into the office one morning......secretary was crying.

She said that Charlie Brown-------who lived on an acreage across from one farm where we were piling poultry litter----------had called her and yelled and hollered, etc etc and said he had to take one of his grandsons to the emergency room because the kid had been overcome with fumes from that nasty poultry litter we were trucking in.

Charlie turned us in annually to DNR due to our litter hauling..........but we had always hauled/stacked in accordance with the rules, so he didn't ever have much to stand on.

The emergency room bit got my attention.

So..........I drove out to the site...............right next to the piles..........which had crusted over from being stacked two days earlier..........and therefore I could detect nothing more than that gentle "aroma"...........not offensive at all.  Couldn't understand how that smell could have made it the 1/2 mile to his place, and especially in such concentrated form that it caused severe injury.

However, I saw a lot of bike tracks.............running up and down the piles.........and several places where the piles were "disturbed"----like maybe a bike had overturned.

Called the sheriff---------who hunted deer with us----------told him the deal, and that I would like to know what really happened.

Sheriff called me later-----------Charlie Brown's grandsons had been using the piles for jumping places for their motor bikes..............and one had upset, causing him to go to the emergency room with a sprain.

He asked me if I wanted to file trespassing charges...................noooooo..............just leave it alone.

Charlie Brown was a ne'r do-well, living off a ficticious disability-----according to those who knew him---------------and was looking to see if maybe I would "settle out of court" for those damages I caused his grandsons............

I opted to forego the opportunity.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)