AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When city folk move to the country
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dcraw
Posted 10/27/2009 19:51 (#902365 - in reply to #902096)
Subject: Re: When city folk move to the country

I had a similar incident several years ago. My father in law started a development years ago, so houses sprung up around the outside. I still farm about 30 acres on the interior. In the spring, I had a drill rented to no-till beans. Trying to finish it up before a rain, I ran a little late. I had a visit from a deputy who said I was interrupting someone's sleep. I said I would quit but would be back at 4 am to finish. Never heard anymore. Spraying anything is always interesting. Had one homeowner with about 100 trees on his place and one in the middle started dying, so he blamed me. Another said I had killed his tomatoes, so I said to get some more and I would pay, until I looked at them and realized that they were actually mine, since he had planted them 5 feet over the line. Another homeowner across the road asked if he could plant some evergreens on my side of the road for a snowbreak. I was going to be accommodating until he asked if my insurance would cover any that my spray might kill. In reality though, most neighbors are very understanding.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)