AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

the state of agriculture....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 1/31/2024 05:30 (#10601601 - in reply to #10601588)
Subject: Boards.. sticky subject but.. a lot of good people

BrianFerentz - 1/31/2024 04:45

fastdeere - 1/31/2024 01:16

BrianFerentz - 1/30/2024 19:15

I’ll push back on that a little. In Iowa the corn promotion board spends millions sponsoring Indy car and NASCAR races, college football games and other nonsense. Board members and employees get access to vip tickets for all these events. Board members are paid plus receive mileage and meals. Usually it’s the same tired old men on the board as well. Oh and the ceo makes about 500k

So when are you running for the board if it's such a glamorous job full of perks.
If you have it all figured out on how checkoff funds should be spent you could transform the industry

My point is the board is not necessary, $22 million a year budget with very little to show for it. Oh, but there is the Iowa Corn Cy Hawk series and the Iowa Corn NASCAR race. Did I mention the Iowa Corn junkets?

other than my internet addiction here.. I don’t have time to serve on a board like my father.. what I know.. what I’ve seen.. what I believe is the 95% or more are tireless servants.. working to make the industry better.. I trust our boards better than our government.. your BS is wearing thin..

my father was one of the first to go into Cuba.. he was a modest man.. from modest means.. but served his duties as best he could.

my farm is better today for it.

that said.. I’m not sure I’m onboard jumping in with the climate activist politicals..

I’ve refrained from talking about the pipelines.. but we better be DARN sure it’s worth the real $$$ just to satisfy some made up BS carbon index score..

I had a conversation tonight with a learned person who actually thought taking out dams in the PNW might be a good idea?!?

never mind the carbon free sunk investment returns which they produce for human kind..

my opinion of the modern Global warming activist is a Buffalo following the first over the cliff..

why are we doing this?

meanwhile.. we have peaked on conventional crude development.. and shale fracking is running on a treadmill..real energy prices will continue to rise.

some renewables make sense.. but the wind farm coming down in Oklahoma .. seriously?  What a waste?

the stupid maligned investment is historic.

Nothing on the planet can compete with ethanol harvested solar energy.. nothing.

don’t even go there with your stupid toxic chemical mechanical ugly solar panels.. we already have too many of those.

enough

no more. 

(FB_IMG_1706230337230 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments FB_IMG_1706230337230 (full).jpg (102KB - 22 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)