AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

covid question I don't understand.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 10/16/2021 14:05 (#9272136)
Subject: covid question I don't understand.

East central Iowa

I read the following from the CDC;

Vaccinated people can still become infected and have the potential spread the virus to others, although at much lower rates than unvaccinated people. The risks of SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people are higher where community transmission of the virus is widespread.

Disclaimer, I’m fully vaccinated.

Now, if fully vaccinated people can be infected and if fully vaccinated people can spread the virus to others, why the demands that people be vaccinated or lose their job?  It would seem to me that un-vaccinated and vaccinated both are at some risk of catching the virus & transmitting it.  Further if un-vaccinated people have traveled and mingled normally for this length of time without catching the virus or if they did they didn’t suffer enough to even seek medical attention.  Then is it reasonable to

a. believe they aren’t a risk because they have natural immunity,

b. they aren’t a risk because they’ve had the virus and have the antibodies the same as vaccinated? 

Is it also reasonable to believe that because vaccinated people can transmit the virus there’s not an imperative to force vaccination for every job?  For example people that are in general isolated from customers, patients or other workers.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)