AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

covid question I don't understand.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jd4930
Posted 10/16/2021 15:06 (#9272198 - in reply to #9272191)
Subject: RE: covid question I don't understand.

Central ND
Suey - 10/16/2021 14:57

Our employee's wife  might change your mind.    Yes,  she currently has natural immunity.   She spent 1 week in the hospital   then 1 week at home,   1 week in ICU,  and now 5 days in a hospital room.    She waiting to be transferred to a rehab facility.    (she was not vaccinated and was not the healthiest ).     She has blood clots in her lungs,  partial collapsed lung.   Right now she can not stand up by herself.    She is on oxygen and will be on oxygen for at least the next 2-3 MONTHS!    She'll be lucky to be home for Christmas.    The reason she wasn't in the hospital more was because of the LACK of HOSPITAL BEDS!       I REPEAT  lack of hospital beds.   She spent 2 days in the ER waiting for a bed.   They almost sent her to an ICU in Minnesota.     If a hospital bed had been available  when she first went to the ER after just day 3  of being sick  maybe things might of turned out differently.   Maybe if they had available  beds when they sent her home from the hospital  after first admission  maybe she wouldn't have needed ICU a WEEK after being home.  

I know most of you think this whole lack of beds is due to  nurses and CNA  leaving due to the mandates.   Nope  they are quitting because they are tired of putting up with this COVID.       Folks  we need to have compassion for those in the health care field.   There are people missing appointments and surgeries due to lack of hospital beds.   They have found time after time that the way to keep people out of the hospital is for them to be vaccinated.   Yes,  some people who are vaccinated still get hospitalized....  but overall vaccinated people who have BREAKTHROUGH cases  don't need hospital beds.     I just  reread a search  "why I won't get vaccinated".    At the end was a person LTK  that was  considering  getting vaccinated due to his doctor telling him about the lack of beds and what COVID was doing to the unvaccinated.   

Farmers and Ranchers,   I want to see light at the end of the COVID  tunnel.    We need to stop the hospitalizations.   Hopefully,  the new MERK  pill will be what we need to stop more hospitalizations.... once it becomes available.   Until it is available for everyone,  we've still got to stop the people getting really sick and filling the hospitals.   

You are worried that the vaccinated can spread COVID.     But,  before they can spread  COVID  they have to GET COVID.   In some studies  only  2.6% of the vaccinated are having breakthrough cases.    Remember lots of those vaccinated people were OLD people,  people in nursing homes,  assisted living,  people with prexisisting conditions.    People that tend to get sick easily.     Most were vaccinated several months ago.   We currently are wanting our booster  but not available in our area yet.   How can people IGNORE all the stats from hospitals showing that it is the UNVACCINATED  that are MOSTLY in the hospitals.  

Above I talk about our employee's wife.   Our employee NEVER got sick.   He was vaccinated!    His daughter and SIL  who both had COVID in April 2020.   Both caught COVID again.   The SIL  has spent time in  ICU,  hospital and is home on oxygen  hopes that he'll be able to go back to work  sometime.    So your natural immunity arguments go out the window with me.   

Why would business want their employees vaccinated.   HEALTH INSURANCE COSTS.    Can you imagine what health insurance premiums are going to be with all these sick people?      Then there is lost time  from sick employees and quarantined employees.   Employees that can't work because they have to stay home and take care of sick family.   Employees that have Long Haulers  and now you have to find someone else to train to do their job.    Harvest takes longer when your employee can't be there to work  because their family is  in the hospital and they need to be there for the latest updates.   

There's lots of the population that still has not had  COVID.   I assure you my 2 grandsons born since the start of this pandemic  have not had COVID.   And neither have their parents or siblings.    And we hope to prevent them from getting it.   I don't want my Grandchildren to be the  % that get really sick or die from COVID.  In fact I truly wish no one  else has to suffer with this virus.    There's still a lot of people  to get this virus  and unfortunately too many will suffer when they do get it.  Vaccines  can help prevent some of the suffering.  

AND THAT:S MY OPINION!!! 

While im not doubting you and I feel bad for her there is plenty of people exposed to covid that never get it without the vaccine too, me and our entire harvest crew included......twice. and you can blame covid all you want for thr hospital being full but it's a load of garbage. I spent 2 days in an er waiting for an operating room for emergency gall bladder surgery too, 4 YEARS ago! Apparently covid was her earlier than we thought ******
And as.fas as staff quitting the only ones I know here absolutely quit because they were forced out due to refusing the vaccine....

Edited by jd4930 10/16/2021 15:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)