AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmer Image
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 1/14/2018 09:30 (#6503969 - in reply to #6503587)
Subject: RE: Farmer Image

Old local story here. There was a farmer that dressed rather shabbily and one day went into the bank. He was waited on and left. The teller went to the bank presidents office and complained that the shabby farmer did not reflect well on the bank or the rest of the clientele and couldn't the president have a talk with the farmer and ask him to dress more appropriately when he came in. The bank president asked the teller if she knew who that man was ? She said no and when the bank president explained that the shabbily dressed farmer could buy and sell the bank several times over she sat there in silence. He said you are to treat him with the utmost respect and remain courteous to him at all times we cannot afford to lose him as a customer of the bank. 

That being said I try to wear clean work clothes going to town but sometimes in an emergency you just get in the truck and go as time is of the essence. Always get a few dirty looks but that tells me more about others than they will ever know about me.

I find that plain ordinary work clothes and a older somewhat rusty truck tends to give you a wide berth around others who look down upon you in their fancy clothes and shiny new vehicles. (That are not paid for) They tend to fear the rusty old truck but I always park out and away from others and walk anyhow.

Some choose to live beyond their means in extravagant and opulent ways. Some live below their means in ways that are deceiving to most.

I prefer to be in the latter group not the former by my own choice.

Elder family member always wore bibs, only went to 8th grade, and was far smarter and more educated than many with letters behind their names. (degrees)

The clothes don't make the man and actions speak louder than words.

I wish there were more of the old school farmers left. Only a couple left in the neighborhood and we still treat them with the respect they have earned and deserve.

(A.jpg.jpg)

(4030.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments A.jpg.jpg (149KB - 96 downloads)
Attachments 4030.jpg (146KB - 72 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)