AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I Walked Off the Field Today...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jeffery
Posted 9/17/2018 07:58 (#6992426 - in reply to #6992136)
Subject: RE: I Walked Off the Field Today...

I quit farming last year myself. Work full time off the farm as well, always have.

Dad decided his new family was more important than me (I'm a product of a divorce long long ago). Not until he had me build him a new grain bin on his property, I lost that $100k, but its better than dealing with him anymore in this lifetime.

Own 150 acres of tillable ground and rented some. Just couldn't see investing another $200k for equipment, shop, and grain facilities for as little as I was farming on my own.

I help my uncle now, and he rents my ground.

It's not as rewarding as running the business, but still fun. Have a lot more time to take care of things at home and enjoy the family. Wife likes me actually having vacation time now.

It's easy to see how many true friends I actually had in the business after quitting. Only 1 person I did business with for 20 years actually spoke to me after quitting. Loyalty means nothing, as I have seen first hand. Take care of yourself, and only yourself always. Don't ever worry about the other guy because they could give a a$hit less about you.

Edited by Jeffery 9/17/2018 08:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)