AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

End users of corn ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 2/8/2016 10:17 (#5096250 - in reply to #5092966)
Subject: RE: End users of corn ?

west central illinois
Nolan71 - 2/6/2016 17:55

As a guy who is a producer and and end user, (for the most part) there is no margin. Times are tough no matter what commodity you produce. You would think feeding cheap corn to cattle would be the cats meow, but it's not. I made more money in 2012 when we raised 80bu corn and people thought I was crazy feeding $8 corn to cattle. Ag as a whole has some hard times ahead. I was really bullish for the the last 2 years, but in the last two months I have seen the light and understand just what we are facing. Margins will be tight for some years. I know we have to feed the world. But the world is catching up to us in production. The countries we export to know they can produce it cheaper domestically. It's just the fact of the matter. It's just going to be tough.
when we had cheap grain under LDP you saw the largest livestock consolidation in history. Cheap grain does not make livestock more money. It makes it easier to push out the family farmer and the cargills, Tysons etc to get a bigger foothold. Look at the hog and poultry industry since 1995.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)