AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice from diet gurus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

lbibby
Posted 5/14/2015 19:15 (#4570115 - in reply to #4565245)
Subject: RE: Need advice from diet gurus

My fitness pal and a Fitbit have helped my figure calories in vs calories out. The more you move, the more you can eat. But you have to be dedicated enough to enter every food you eat. (Its not as bad as i thought it was going to be).

I have found healthier ways to eat what I like. I love tacos. So now I eat them with either ground turkey (when sauce or seasoning added, really can't tell the difference from beef) or chicken breast. Add a lot of grilled onions and peppers. Measure out the shredded cheese (found that Velveeta shreds has 30-40 less calories than other shredded cheese) and put on a whole wheat tortilla. I make a large batch of everything and eat on it for the week. Probably could be assembled and frozen for longer storage. Same goes for breakfast burritos, same concept just with scrambled eggs and turkey sausage and veggies. Assemble and freeze individually. WAY healthier than a Poptart (Recovering poptart addict here, 2 years clean) I can never recommend turkey bacon. Awful crap. Should not be called bacon. Typical breakfast though is greek yogurt and a banana.

Other small swaps can greatly help, low calorie bread for sandwiches, sliced ham and turkey are pretty low calorie. Roasted potatoes instead of baked slathered in heavenly goodness. Lots of roasted veggies. Baked chips (in moderation). Liquid spray butter for butter flavor (helps the salt stick to popcorn as well). I can't quit diet soda, but have cut it down and added more water. Portion control is a big one. I weigh my pork and steak so I can actually enter what I eat. Actually measuring cereal to match their servings. Bagging up one serving of snack foods to I don't mindlessly much.

As for exercise, um, it rarely happens. Fitbit shows my steps. There are days when I have time to take extra steps and try a little harder. There are days when I get in less steps and I know to restrict my eating a little bit.

And one fun day a week to slightly splurge. I've only been doing this a little over a month and down 10#.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)