AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice from diet gurus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 5/13/2015 07:26 (#4567312 - in reply to #4565245)
Subject: RE: Need advice from diet gurus

Jonathon, you did get a lot of good advice here. First thing is to throw those Pop Tarts away. No value in them at all. So you want a quick breakfast. When you have time make several pounds of bacon up ahead of time. I use my broiler pan and spray it with Pam spray and lay the bacon out single, but very close together so a whole pound fits on the pan. Preheat oven to 400 and bake for 17 to 20 minutes. Take them out when they are a little under done. Cool them down and of course put on paper towel. Then bag them up into single serving size packages. I put two in there, you are a tall guy, so maybe 3 or 4. Then put in a gallon size freezer bag and stick them in the freezer. When you need that quick breakfast, it takes about three minutes, less for scrambled, to cook some eggs and then grab a bag of bacon and nuke it for 30 seconds or so. So the time that it would take to toast a Pop Tart, you could get some real protein. I try to avoid juices and stick with the real thing, an orange or grapefruit and you have a good breakfast.

Oh yes, and you are very welcome to join our weekly weigh in group. I don't bite, I post on Sunday, it is fun to have a group. Good luck to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)