AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice from diet gurus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

farm160
Posted 5/12/2015 10:49 (#4565812 - in reply to #4565245)
Subject: RE: Need advice from diet gurus

NE Nebraska
Skip the regular or diet soda.
I gave up the diet soda and it's not only helped me maintain weight but also shrink the stomach, both visually and so I eat less.
If I want a treat (maybe once every week or two) I'll have 1 can of regular soda to give myself the psychological thrill, but it limits the calories to the 150 per can, but then expect a sugar low when the sweets wear off.
If you're a beer drinker set your limit for the week and only drink lite beer.

Limit the coffee to 2 cups a day. Any more than that and your body gets out of whack which affects your stomach size, appetite and sleep habits, etc.
Drink water or decaffeinated green tea- healthier.
Eat things natural - fresh fruits, fresh veggies, nuts, grilled meat (nothing fried, no oil or gravies), protein bars (I like PureProtein), little pre-packed cheeses, greek yogurt, etc.
Avoid potatoes and bread. Skip the fast food hamburger & fries.
Establish portion control. Most people don't realize how small a true portion is....and they eat double a cereal portion or twice a serving of meats, etc.
Do a web search on ..... portion size fist hand

Learn to measure if you're not going to buy pre-packaged portions.
Husband has replaced some noon meals (generally light meals anyway) with a Slim-fast and Fiber1 bars.
We gave up on casseroles and any saucy salads a long time ago. Everything's fresh.
We're both in average category (I'm F, 5'7 and 132)

Good luck. You're not alone in trying to lose, but it can be done.
Skip the sweets and candies, but if you need something keep a couple hard candies in your pocket for a morning or afternoon treat.

Learn to do planks. Or do a web search for a 30 day ab challenge. It will challenge you immensely, but will shrink your stomach so you won't be able to eat as much.
Instead of parking close, park farther away to get in added steps.
Get a fit-bit or health monitor app on your phone and work for the 10,000 steps per day.
These are our habits on a daily basis, but this allows us to have desserts and treats on special occasions and not feel guilty, with no weight or health problems or high blood pressure, etc.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)