AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice from diet gurus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chad H
Posted 5/13/2015 23:37 (#4568758 - in reply to #4565245)
Subject: RE: Need advice from diet gurus

NE SD
I'm down 68lbs since harvest without too much effort. Shooting for 100+. Have probably converted 30bs+ to muscle. I did not give up my weekend indulgence or it would be more(a guys got to have at least one bad habit). I was working out three nights a week during the winter when physical activity was down to just working in the shop. People can try all the fads, pills, shakes, etc they want, it's all about calories in vs calories out. Cardio at least a few times a week, whether you get it from work, going for a jog, etc. Weight lifting is excellent because it boosts metabolism for up for 48 hours after. I gave up pop and junk food. High protein, vegetable, and fruit diet. Get rid of those carbs. Healthy cooked potatoes aren't so bad, but chips, fries, white bread, etc. Are all high in calories for how small a serving is. Skip the pepsi and snickers for breakfast, have a boiled egg, low calorie toast, and low cal orange juice or coffee. Protein bar mid morning if you need a pick me up. Nuts are good for a snack. Not all fat is bad. Dairy fat is actually good for you in moderation.

A big help and eye opener is to download an app to your phone like My Fitness Pal and track calories with it. Just don't forget that you do need fiber in your diet. You'll never lose weight and keep it off unless you fix the source of the problem. I see a lot of people who get the gastric bypass and they eventually stretch their stomach out and gain weight again. I've been pressured to try the shakes, and energy boost products, etc. Those are all band aids and don't fix the real problem. The best energy boost I've had is not dragging around almost two bags of seed in extra body weight day in and day out.

Edited by Chad H 5/14/2015 01:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)