AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you say to John Deere's tractor engineers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 3/25/2013 11:11 (#2990017 - in reply to #2989950)
Subject: Re: What would you say to John Deere's tractor engineers?

Wi

caleb_brown - 3/25/2013 09:40 Reading through this, lots of things stand out but the three that really sound the best are the single-point hookup for implements, somehow getting rid of the night-time glare inside the cab, and the five-year electronic warranty. In so many instances we will have somebody hook up the hoses wrong on the back of the tractor, especially on the planter where there are so many hoses. The glare in the windows at night can really be annoying and prohibits seeing some things on the implements behind you. And the electronics are getting to be a bigger issue day in and day out. Our 8295R's entire cab harness went out when the tractor had less than 1000 hours on it, and it took our dealer almost a week to get it back up and running. I can only imagine how much that bill was, thankfully it was covered under the original warranty. The 180 degree seat turn sounds like a good idea, too.

ISO goes along well with single point hookup. Our Pottinger V10 mower is single point hookup then controlled through an EH valvebody with ISO controls. Makes life so much easier and allows them to run every single function hydraulically. You used to have to get out and unfold the flaps on the older models or on other brands, you also had a rope to unlock it. Now these are hydraulically controlled. Its not a big deal but it does add that little bit that is nice.  You can program delayed lift speeds into the controls so you can just push one button to lift the front, then the delay will lift the rear ones later on so you don't miss a spot but don't make a mess of the headland or have to hit an extra button. I really like this setup. The valvebody scares a lot of people until they run one for awhile, the comfort is worth it.

There are a lot of aftermarket window treatments to reduce glare. Almost any window tinting company will have them on hand and can install them. I agree it would be nice to see something from teh factory though.

5 year warranty is coming on a lot of pieces of equipment now, but many only cover the powertrain. That is the important part, but many times the operator station controls are the issues and are very costly to fix and not covered.

With auto steer I was starting to wonder if I could just get a reverse station fendt and have it drive like normal but just spin the seat around and only look back/towards front when you need to turn on the headland. Spend the time facing what you are pulling. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)