AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you say to John Deere's tractor engineers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 3/25/2013 09:11 (#2989739 - in reply to #2989532)
Subject: Re: What would you say to John Deere's tractor engineers?

Wi
dirtworker - 3/25/2013 06:56

just my opinion but why do so many people want more electrical stuff on tractors instead of hydraulics. hydraulic leaks are messy but id rather get dirty than electrocuted. after all doesnt anybody know how hard it is to trace an electrical problem, if a hyd. hose blows you see the problem, fix it and go on. and everybody on here keeps saying kiss and keep the electronics simpler then some turn around and say add more electrical, just doesnt make sense to me.

Many are talking about electric drive. Do some research on this topic and you will see its advantages. It is much simpler than any powershift, CVT or hydro. R.G. LeTourneau was one of the pioneers of using this in heavy equipment. Engine just runs a generator and hydro pumps for loader. Comoarablr LeTourneau to the 994F Cat uses 300hp less. Cat still uses torque converter drive. The LeTourneau electric drive also uses regenerativr braking and stores the excess energy.

These types of electrical components do not have any more elctrical gremlins than a modern hydraulic system. These are high voltage components when there is an issue it is as easily found as a hydraulic leak. They are more efficient though.

I think autonomous electric drive tractors controlled telematically are the future. Basically be like playing a John Deere farmer game on your computer but with real equipment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)