AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you say to John Deere's tractor engineers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

The Pretender
Posted 3/25/2013 10:30 (#2989928 - in reply to #2989831)
Subject: RE: What would you say to John Deere's tractor engineers?

The Internet

In Europe the tractors have to have dim/dip healights just like everyone else, you probably know this. But they all all poor. They all have the same IIRC 55w light bulbs like everyone else. It is the spread of light and the alinment that is the problem. Even on their lowest setting with nothing on the back they are too high. It just dazzles on coming traffic.

It will be interesting to see what the 7618 is like when it comes. I think most replacement car keys are £600, so a $400 key for a Fendt is a bargain! Total rip off for a key and a micro chip that probably costs pennies.

The too many hydraulic lines thing above will need some work between machine and tractor manufacturers to solve, it is a chicken and egg situation. Deere did have electric drive as an option a few years ago on the Mannhiem tractors but there wasn't any machines to go on the back of it. That is a shame. I'll stand corrected, but I think that for providing the drive, gears are still more effecient untill quite a lot of power is required, which is why electric drive is only really seen on very large machines.

On JCB loaders they have flat faced hydraulic couplers. these are easy to keep clean. Tractor couplers are always dusty, is developing a away of keeping them clean or making them easier to clean beyond the wit of man?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)