AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you say to John Deere's tractor engineers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MF7499
Posted 3/25/2013 00:44 (#2989232 - in reply to #2989165)
Subject: Re: What would you say to John Deere's tractor engineers?

SW WI
Hydraulic flow!!! With the way equipment is going they need to double flow, double resivor size, double cooling capacity. Planters need flow. I know of one guy that is looking at 8 orbital motors on his planter. Love the idea of a tractor that is designated for planter however they need to remember that not every farmer needs 1000 HP. I farm 400 and have 5 orbital motors on my planter that are run off PTO pump. One thing a lot of guys complain about on here is the seat could swivel more. With auto steer, there really is very little reason to look forward. Perhaps it's time for a seat to do a 180 with a cab cam to look where the tractor is heading while the operator faces the implement. Farming may be heading towards larger in the next 15 years, but not all of us are going to be at 25000 acres. I wish I could double or triple my acres, but since I can't hardly find an extra acre but I have tried to get as efficient as possible and do believe I am viable and won't be disappearing anytime soon. Tell them to quit with the combine, not much to gain there. Combines haven't changed a whole lot, and where they are at is fine. Concentrating on fertilizer and seed placement is far more important. I'll switch back to a Deere planter when I can load it with 3-5 varieties and have it switch as I go across the field. I would also be interested in a planter that I can load dry NPK seperately and blow it to an opener so I can variable rate them seperately for what the field requires. Perhaps a place for microbes, perhaps sulfur, perhaps lime. When they do this remind them I WANT A 12 ROW!!!! Not a 54 row. Make a SP sprayer that is very easy to switch from a spray boom, spreader, and side dress rig. Last thing for me would be to have the JD dealers to pull their head out of the sand. Used to be 100% JD, no longer own a piece of it. Not the equipment for me, dealer management was my issue. Where they are at and what they offer, they don't have anything that special. Hope I helped
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)