AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Handeling House Renters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boog
Posted 12/5/2012 12:57 (#2734344 - in reply to #2734079)
Subject: Re: Handeling House Renters

We use to own two rental houses. The last year we had them we made 10ยข profit for the year. I make a lot more than that off an acre of ground.That included cost of repairs to the houses after renters moved out owing back rent. We tore one house down & sold the property it was on and sold the other to a young couple. Should have dozed both places under & farmed the ground. My experience is that with each renter the quality of the renter goes down and headaches go up. Come to this area of the country & you'll find very few rental homes, most go under the dozer for a good reason. True, these are not "top of the line" homes but were homes I would not have been afraid to live in. In fact, wife & I had worked on one & was going to move into it when we got married but due to a death in the family moved into the one currently live in.

Maybe beside the point, but I am our TownshipTrustee, have been for over 30 yrs, so deal with people in need of assistance. In all those years the township has only had to provide assistance in a couple instances to people who own their own homes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)