AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Handeling House Renters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DeutzTractorMan
Posted 12/5/2012 08:32 (#2733925)
Subject: Handeling House Renters

Got a situation with new renter which has only lived in house 1 month and I would like to hear how I should respond.

Renter seems good  but have learned with many they will fool you.    It is unbelievable how some will do ( if anyone reading this has rental houses i am sure you know as well) and I have learned the hard way over the years from being a considerate, lineant ,  landlord and renters will take advantage of that big time.

The second months rent is due and renter contacts me Friday Nov 30th one day before payment is due Dec 1 to make payment. We need to meet to sign some more papers as per to rental agreement. I ask him was he home he said no. I told him to call me when he was back at home and we could meet sign papers and he could pay me then. He tried to call me Sunday Dec 2nd but I was not where I could answer the phone ( I had been dealing with alot of others things that was taking all my time and then some and come to find out my voicemail was not working so therefore he could not leave me a message) and he had tried to call me a few times and we did not get to make contact till last night Dec 4th when I called him. He answers we make conversation and he says he and his wife was beginning to wonder if something was wrong or had happened to me. I told him nothing had happened to me just been really busy and last few days been hectic and hell . He told me he wanted to pay the rent and I ask him when would he be where we could meet to sign papers and collect rent all at the same time. He stated we could meet this evening Dec 5th anytime after 6:30 PM and we agreed to meet.

Then here is the question I am wanting to address with everyone as how I need to respond.

Renter tells me the dish washer quit and he did not know anything about fixing it and could not get in touch with so he went bougth a new one and put it in and the old one was outside for me to see. He hoped it was alright for him to do that then he said there was a leak in the kitchen sink and he fixd it. I didnt comment much over the phone other than the dishwasher was not but a few years old and surprised me it quit and wish he had waited till he talk to me before he did anything and we would discuss it when we met to this evening. Conversation was poilite with both of us , I told renter i would meet with them this evening then ended the call.

I take care of my rental house and keep everything maintained and when something needs fixing i fix it.  The house had been checked over good before renter moved in and anything that need fixed was fixed and every appliance worked fine but things happen as in leaking  and quiting.

HOW SHOLUD I RESPOND ON THE DISHWASHER BEING REPLACED ????

I wonder what renters is thinking and expecting me to do ??

Thanks in advance for you comments

Edited by DeutzTractorMan 12/5/2012 08:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)