AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Handeling House Renters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BHTN
Posted 12/5/2012 11:46 (#2734240 - in reply to #2733925)
Subject: RE: Handeling House Renters

West Tennessee
DeutzTractorMan - 12/5/2012 07:32

HOW SHOLUD I RESPOND ON THE DISHWASHER BEING REPLACED ????

I wonder what renters is thinking and expecting me to do ??

Thanks in advance for you comments

You've already been given good advice previously and I've been through this sort of thing many times. It is quite aggravating to have your money spent without being told in advance. (Where is the angry smiley on this thing??). Also others are probably right that it costs almost as much to work on one (dishwasher) as it does to replace. Not always but quite often. We're lucky to have a GREAT appliance repair man so he can fix most anything reasonable and if not he usually has a good used one in stock. I would tell them that the next time they are going to ask to be reimbursed for anything they MUST let me know and get my approval or do NOT expect me to pay for it. I would say unless it was a real emergency but what constitutes an emergency to tenants does NOT always correspond to an emergency in my book so don't leave that to their discretion even.

What are renters thinking and what do they expect you to do? LOL Easiest question I'll get today and very simple answer; you're the landlord; they expect you to pay! I can' t write much because it gets too long but how about when they break the window with the lawn mower (and tell you they did) but want you to fix that ASAP because the hot/cold (whatever doesn't matter) air is coming in? Every single day issues for us here. Never say you've seen it all because I promise you haven't.

If it helps any, I've found that if I can get some time to think through the stupidity of the issue my response is often much better than my off the cuff response. I don't handle these things well right on the spot (and that's an understatement). Problem is that tenants often want to talk to someone and want something done NOW. Good luck to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)