AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All liquid fertilizer program for CORN
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dewgubbe
Posted 3/20/2011 23:25 (#1681357)
Subject: All liquid fertilizer program for CORN

Northeast Nebraska
An idea popped into my head so I thought I would get some words of wisdom from Ag Talk.

For this season our planter is setup with Deere single disk openers. The pump is a hydraulic centrifugal controlled with a Greenstar rate controller. I can variable rate my starter. I am also building a side dress rig that will be also be capable of variable rate.

Do you think I would be able to put on everything a 200 bushel corn crop needs, except for the nitrogen, with the planter? Putting on 30 gpa wouldn't be a problem. Then I would spray on a pre-emerge with 32%, say 20 gpa. Then I could come back and side dress more N later.

The coop is going to grid sample for me as soon as they can get in the field this spring. They (CVA) want to spread their new Micro-Essentials fertilizer out there. For them to spread is $5 an acre. If you want to variable rate its an extra 3.50/ac. So a total of $8.50 an acre. As long as I don't need any lime, I should be able to accomplish my goal, right? If I can do it the way mentioned, I will save that money.

Anyone else out there doing this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)