AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has the game changed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IN555
Posted 3/23/2024 12:25 (#10676609)
Subject: Has the game changed?

NW Indiana
A recent auction in my area has me thinking more about the roi in farmland and has the importance of that changed. A large farm 383 acres with 352 tillable that I heard is about 150 bu corn ground just sold for 11,700 per tillable. I think most of us are capable of running those numbers and seeing that the roi is historically very poor. So this brings me to my question, has the roi become less significant when evaluating land values? People are willing to buy gold, bitcoin, stocks and other things with zero dividend as a store of value to protect against currency devaluation. Personally I think there is a lot of value to owning land besides the roi so if I was to choose any of the previously mentioned assets to protect against our governments wild spending and massive 34.6 trillion debt it would be land. So most of us tend to look at history for answers, myself included however this isn't something we have seen in our history. The insane spending over the last 20+ years has brought on a new set of questions that history very well might not give us answers. So the question is does land still need a 10 year treasury type of dividend return or is land becoming more of a store of value type asset to protect ones wealth against failing government?

Edited by IN555 3/23/2024 12:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)