AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Managing kids and devices - what’s The best system? - we are losing the battle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ILS16
Posted 12/24/2020 13:08 (#8694643 - in reply to #8693220)
Subject: RE: Managing kids and devices - what’s The best system? - we are losing the battle

schmid - 12/23/2020 20:38

You're interesting... while I agree with you on keeping the electronics from the children and that if you train them up correctly in the Lord they will go the right way when they grow up, I do question if you are seeing all that goes with training them up in the ways of the Lord, as your posts lacks any sense of the love Christ has for his people. You're very negative and your comments toward his created beings lack any sense of empathy for them. Do you remember that "while you were yet a sinner Christ died for you"? Have some heart, man. We are all far from arrived.

Thanks man. I understand what you're saying, but I am reflecting God's love for us. He cares about us enough to give us his word and in it he tells us not to do the things that are harmful to us, and He directs us on how to live our lives. Likewise, I love our kids enough to keep them from these evils because I understand that filth will corrupt their minds and thus, their lives. I know that its "trendy" now or whatever to visit the milquetoast church on sunday and live exactly like the rest of the world does all the rest of the week, sitting in front of that screen watching degenerates every night, but I'm not interested in any of that. The Bible tells us that we should be a peculiar people, set apart from the world, and I enjoy this. Its beneficial to us just like everything else He tells us to do. Theres better things to do with ones free time, anyway.

justbad7 - 12/23/2020 22:28

Let me get this right- YOU are free to browse the internet and comment whatever you want on whatever forums you want. When you were a child, you didn't play any imaginary games correct? Games that really didn't amount to anything correct? I'm not a church goer or a churchie person, but doesn't the Bible say that you shall not be gay or something along those lines once, where it is repeated to not divorce. When your kids grow up and find and get and most likely hold a job they will most likely be exposed to all of this, but they will not have any opportunity to experience this when they were younger. I would strongly suggest to lock your kids in their room, where only YOU can provide what YOU deem acceptable.

I am so happy my parents allowed me to go and learn and understand and work through my emotions with that at public school or in public with them.

Here you go, enjoy, its the perfect time of year too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjF1ZNGRob0

Mountain Mechanic - 12/23/2020 22:39

Speaking as one whom believes the Bible, his position is extreme... Both of you are talking about indoctrination, not education.

Thanks neighbor. Yes, I believe what the Bible tells us about being separate from the world and that we should be a peculiar people; and when it directs us to love that which is good, and to abhor that which is evil, I follow this also to the best of my ability. I understand that to most christians in this day and age, that this constitutes holding an extreme position.

But indoctrination? I disagree with you. God's word is pure, and gives us knowledge. If you want to talk about public school, where the kids are pumped full of tolerance for perverts, told that its okay to hack their genitals off and pretend to be a woman, lectured on white guilt, etc, etc, no, this is indoctrination. And don't try to tell me that they're going to be missing out on an education, most high school graduates today can't solve basic math problems without a calculator, write anything in cursive, know the first thing about holding a job or keeping a home, etc, etc, etc. I'm not with you on any of that.

frytownfarmer - 12/24/2020 00:13

Frankly... fences don’t work long term

That part's easy. Where most traditionalist folk go wrong here is when they just tell the kids "no" without them understanding "why". The kids need to understand that something is sinful and therefore harmful, and that the idols on the screen want them to believe that it isn't, because they serve satan and promote his filth. They need to understand that there are people who wish us harm who use the degenerate media to soften us from within, to cause apathy and divisions within God's power structure in the home and marriage, and we ought not to make provision for these sins in our lives. But the kids never hear any of this, because establishment christians are generally too soft to be anything other than a "mister rogers" type character that's nothing except positivity and niceness all the time. So, they go and figure it out for themself. "My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge" as Hosea said. We need more people who are willing to point to something in this world, say "this is a sin because", then quote scripture and end with "thus saith the Lord" without worrying about hurt feelings etc. Kids need to understand this more than anyone.

Edited by ILS16 12/24/2020 13:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)