AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Online bidding - Steffes in particular
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Deaner
Posted 7/13/2020 23:38 (#8372433 - in reply to #8371538)
Subject: RE: Online bidding - Steffes in particular

Northern Ohio
JRthefarmer - 7/13/2020 16:59

If I had a max bid of 102k, and the sprayer sold for 102k, it is me who owns it no matter if another bidder matched my max bid, I am still the winning bid. IIRC, when I bid and another bidder has a max bid in equal to my last bid, the page says there was a previous max bid placed. It is also a way to chase a piece up. When you bid and the max bid is higher than your bid, it automatically makes 2 bids. Like the bid is at 1000, I bid 2k, but the bid is now 3k because the other bidder had a max if 5k. If I bid 4k, the other bidder would have it at 5k. If I bid 5k, the bid is now 5k, but the other bidder is still the winning bid. I now know I have met his max bid because it didn't automatically raise another bid. But when you use the max bid, it will raise it like at a live auction until the max is reached.

This is exactly correct and the way it should be. Just as if you had someone sitting in for you. The op had a max above the final bid, so his bid was upped by 2k each time the other bidder bid another k.
People complain about an item selling for their max bid, and it might not be legit but they should be happy they won the bid. And they didn’t have to spend three days traveling across the country attending an auction. I won an auction for two cultivators through a Steffes auction a few years ago. I put in a very low max bid a few days in advance. Both sold at my max bid, both had three bids, what are the chances? I was still satisfied I won the bid.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)