AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Online bidding - Steffes in particular
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jackrabbit
Posted 7/13/2020 11:19 (#8371111)
Subject: Online bidding - Steffes in particular

East Central SD
I bought a sprayer a couple of weeks ago and I had a max bid in a couple thousand above the price. I noticed the bidding was going up by $2000 increments. Meaning someone was bidding a thousand over my bid and then they were taking my bid for the next thousand. If I had the bid for $101,000 and someone bids $102,000 shouldn't I then be in at $102,000 as I already had a max bid in above that and all he did was match my bid? Instead they were taking the opposing bid at $102,000 and making me bid $103,000. I talked to Scott Steffes and his explanation was that if the machine sold for $102,000 the guy that bid $102,000 and didn't get it would be calling to complain and he also said I'm the first guy to complain in 6 years. The problem with his logic is if $102,000 was my max bid and the last bid and I had it in first it the computer would have to take my bid at that point.

This whole thing stinks. Does any other auction company work under those same rules?

Edit to add: I called Wieman's and they said every online auction is that way. Scott Steffes called me back as well and his logic that they are working for the sellers holds up as well. I still call BS though. Just seems like a business practice lawyer could have fun with this though as the computers literally have to be programmed to recognize a max bid differently if it's the final bid.

Thanks

Edited by Jackrabbit 7/13/2020 11:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)