AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pigfarmer82
Posted 7/12/2020 20:56 (#8370171 - in reply to #8369783)
Subject: RE: new house

north central Ohio
Built a new 2200 square foot ranch house ten years ago and number one priority was natural drainage and fall off the house. To many in our area have sump pumps and they fail to often. Second being a farm house was a good mud room. It has been great I drag minimal dirt in the house because of it. It is actually a separate room off the garage that I go in. Put a standing seam roof on as it wasn’t much more than shingles at the time. Put larger doors in the master bedroom for when my wife and I get old we can hopefully get around a little easier. Front porch is level with inside floor so they can easily wheel me outside someday. We have a beautiful view. Were in our later 30’s now but we don’t like moving so we tried to think out quite a ways. Rest of house was designed based on how we like to to live and host people and make very good use of the space. We did go to 2x6 walls for more insulation and more structural strength. Cost difference at time was $2600 I think and it has paid in lower heating and cooling. Other than a couple things we really like our house. My wife and I spent a couple years drawing up different floor plans. Don’t get in a hurry.

Edited by pigfarmer82 7/12/2020 21:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)