AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many calories 1/4 lb hamburger only no bun ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Curious
Posted 4/18/2020 06:53 (#8198556 - in reply to #8194106)
Subject: RE: How many calories 1/4 lb hamburger only no bun ??? Do You Count 'Em Anymore

NW IA
John, I started the LCHF almost a year ago after chasing your links, ( just to feel healthier, no thought of loosing weight but I ditched 40 lbs in the process) The few people I have talked with about weight loss will ask about calories and they seem confused by the fact that I don't pay any attention to them.

Just eliminated the 1. Sugar 2. Refined carbs 3. So-called healthy whole grains 4. Vegetable oils 5. Carb loaded stuff like 'taters and rice.

Lots left to eat, especially after stumbling into intermittent fasting because I wasn't always hungry- for me, eat between 10 AM and 7 PM.

Glycemic index means more than calories. Do the calories burn like a log or like leaves? And, therefore do they drive insulin nuts trying to find a home for all the "fuel"?

Calories don't get much attention.

footnote- breakfast was the most deadly meal of the day in my world. Cereal (includes oatmeal cream of wheat along with the boxed stuff), toast +jam, fruit juice and on and on.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)