AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

did/do you get along with your in laws?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Roguesfolly
Posted 4/2/2020 20:30 (#8159391 - in reply to #8159061)
Subject: RE: did/do you get along with your in laws?

Nw Ks
Married 15 years this coming Sept. MIL had Parkinson's the whole time I knew her, but she got to see and play with my oldest. She passed in '11. FIL did a really good job of keeping everything together both before and after. He was a smoker but didn't while we were there with our oldest. Sadly, he passed in '13 and that was when we found out about the little guy who would become our younger son. All in all, we got along pretty well. FIL, wife and SIL all have/had a D on their voter card. MIL and I have/had R on ours. Was a few times she and I just rolled our eyes and let it slide. SIL is a real piece of work. Has had some struggles with drugs/alchahol and has basically taken a break from reality since FIL passed. Her older daughter has struggled with basically no mother figure for close to 10 years and when we found out she was pregnant (while FIL was in hospice before passing), it seemed like a blessing for the wife and I to adopt her child. He knows her as "cousin A....". The other daughter has made some questionable choices, but has tried to provide for her 2 kids.
The gal married to my brother must be a saint!! 4 kids and he's gone quite a bit of the time. The only way to describe those nieces and nephew is BUSY and LOUD! I do tease the SIL about being an Okie, but we get along fine. Sadly, my sister has never married, so any single guys in the 40 range here's your chance.... If you're on here, I figure you'd be ok.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)