AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming the Sun
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jimgen
Posted 3/23/2019 16:47 (#7397326 - in reply to #7395186)
Subject: RE: Farming the Sun

central mich

I had 3 or so inquiries. I looked at the contracts and most are just a low payment for an option to lease. So I asked
the agent why do you need an option and he said well we need to get approval from the county, DEQ etc. So I said you are trying to get an option to lease and you don't even know if you can complete the project.

And then they all say they are one of the largest solar companies in the US. So I ask them for their financials. In fact, they never did present financials and you can not see it on line. All they have is a glossy pamphlet and very little else.

What they are doing is the same as oil and gas leases. These outfits are not the integrators or direct investors at all.
They hope to sell the lease. It is a scam and BS with their $1000 a year lease money and they pay the land taxes. Once they found out that I am familiar with what they are doing they faded back into the woodwork.

So a elderly guy I know about 7 miles away signed a lease and as I recall the solar panels were supposed to installed
last summer on 16 acres. So far nothing and IMO it will continue to be nothing built.

That is the trouble with government subsidized programs and mandates, it brings all the crap scammers out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)