AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming the Sun
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 3/22/2019 18:11 (#7395752 - in reply to #7395656)
Subject: RE: Farming the Sun

Well my radar goes up when all the access/right of way shysters come a calling.

Probably 40+ years ago there was a outfit coming around signing people up for oil leases. Many neighbors bit on that deal which was supposed to be the greatest thing ever. Dad wondered why nobody ever stopped here. Got to looking into it and found out his brother had signed the lease. One minor little problem Dad's brother had passed away several years prior to the date that he had supposedly signed this lease.

Not sure what unwound next but I think there were several legal inquiries made and an investigation and suddenly the outfit voided all the leases and quietly slipped away.

Same thing with phone right of ways, wind towers, pipelines that destroy tile structures and everything else.

None of these people give one iota about the landowner's rights or land. It's acquire the access for as cheap as possible make all sorts of outlandish promises that they have no intention of ever being kept and roll on through and get people to quickly sign a lease wrote in favor of the acquiring company.

The OP was smart in asking for input for a situation where he may not have been aware of other issues that ought to be considered.

You may not care about the "home farm" but I tend to look at what will impact it long after I am gone. As long as it's during my watch to protect it "here" I'll do my best to preserve it, Instead of cashing in on a quick buck that the aftermath will plague everyone for decades later.

To each his own and do what you want but don't criticize others for pointing out issues of concern that were brought up and discussed.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)