AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming the Sun
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

centralillinois
Posted 3/23/2019 10:34 (#7396848 - in reply to #7396830)
Subject: RE: Bank some money for complete tile makeover

A couple years ago we were offered 700 an acre and now it's up to 1000 an acre. A lot of 40 acre projects are proposed near here but they prefer land with a substation on the property. 600 is the lowest I've heard and if you've got decent soil types they won't get very many takers. I thought the wind farm caused a lot of turmoil to the land but maybe the solar farms could be just as bad. The wind farm projects had a lot of heavy equipment that most likely damaged drain tile during construction. The solar farm has to maintain the tile during construction or those panels would be in standing water. The solar farm construction didn't look as damaging but there's only been one built near me. In the contract you can state that any increase in property taxes will be paid by the solar company. Attorneys say they can limit the amount of topsoil moved in the project but that sounds difficult to enforce. They might be like the turbine companies, once they're on the ground it's their ground. Look for an attorney with the most experience in solar farm negotiations. That should be your first stop.

Edited by centralillinois 3/23/2019 10:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)