AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is what National Weather Service is forecasting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buck S
Posted 2/17/2019 18:57 (#7327230 - in reply to #7327115)
Subject: RE: This is what National Weather Service is forecasting

McLeod County, MN
I own a exterior remodeling company since 2005. Focus since 2008, is doing storm damage restoration (wind and hail) and dealing with insurance companies. Even when the building slows down my work stays fairly steady cause it always storms somewhere. When the building really started taking off again a few years ago that left fewer people doing what I do and much more available work for me. I am thinking about trying to do some flipping of recreational properties up in northern MN if my work slows down this year, but there is no indication that its gonna. If that fails I can always go back to teaching school or something else. I did a double major at the U of M for history and political science and ended up 7 credits shy of my masters in secondary education. I was offered jobs on several occasions by insurance companies to come and be a wind and hail adjuster if I decide to give up my construction business. Something I might eventually dabble in too, but not til the kids are older cause you have to be gone a lot. Can make huge money working hurricanes or destructive tornadoes like Joplin or Moore. I will always find something to do, but my favorite will always be farming. I dont like working for any else is about my only thing. Like to make my own schedule and say when things get done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)