AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is what National Weather Service is forecasting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buck S
Posted 2/17/2019 17:48 (#7327077 - in reply to #7326712)
Subject: RE: This is what National Weather Service is forecasting

McLeod County, MN

Just saying - 2/17/2019 13:26

Maybe that’s why you’re such a vocal supporter of the trade war and tariffs? Because the negative results of this process really doesn’t affect you that greatly? And also maybe is why you have no concerns of damage done to our exports for the long term picture, because that wouldn’t negatively affect you that much either? I’m gonna be 58 soon and financial pretty solid, but I’m quite concerned about agriculture’s future in the next several years. I wish I could be as optimistic as you are Buck, but I’m more of a realist I guess. Take care!

38 years old.  I hope to be upright, walking, and involved in agriculture for the next 40+ years.  As of now full retirement has little appeal to me, but setting things up so I am well off with a great income down the road does.  I don't mind sacrifice right now.  Maybe as I age that will change.  I had some awful luck farming in 2013 and then again 2014 that nearly broke me.  I barely squeaked out on the other end so I know just how tight things can get.   

I'm a major vocal support of the trade war because I see China as a passively aggressive hostile foe that needed to be dealt with in a bad way.  If it takes a year or two to slow them down and we come out on the other end with some type of agreement that is beneficial for years to come then I am willing to do that.  I can see why someone in your position would not be so optimistic.  I always plan for the long-term.  I have goals set for 45, 50, 55, 60, etc.  Things really seem to be moving in the right direction with China. Until I am proven wrong I will continue to hope for the best for our country.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)