AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is what National Weather Service is forecasting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Just saying
Posted 2/17/2019 17:25 (#7327016 - in reply to #7326939)
Subject: RE: This is what National Weather Service is forecasting

N.W. Ohio
Been farming for forty years. Have seen bumper crops and poor crops from both excess water and drought. Have had plenty of low prices and a good share of high prices as well. I have no issues dealing with the turmoil thrown at me by Mother Nature or the fluctuation of the board of trade. But our industry has become a pawn in a high stakes trade war and we’re taking the pain for the sake of companies that decided to move production overseas to take advantage of the cheap and plentiful labor over there. (Our President is included in this group) I’ve read numerous times on here of guys hoping for another MFP payment for the 19 crop. I personally hope they will never consider doing another of that welfare program. We were sucker punched on the 18 crop, so I suppose that payment was justified? But we’ve got plenty of warning of what we’re heading into, and everyone should be marketing appropriately. I know that I am, with a billion bu. carryover the prices that we’re being offered are in my opinion a gift.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)