AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is what National Weather Service is forecasting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ecmofarm
Posted 2/17/2019 16:40 (#7326939 - in reply to #7326839)
Subject: RE: This is what National Weather Service is forecasting

EC Mo
That sounds like our thoughts from Missouri.We always worry about yield a lot more than price and a bumper crop year is always a good year. I am loving the price we have now with the bumper crop from last year,not sure what all the crying is about unless you were in an area with a bad crop. My biggest worry for next year is yield,not price,since we have had several bumper crops lately and usually we don't get that many bumper crops before having a serious shortfall from either drought or flooding.Weather is our biggest enemy,not the president,not tariffs,and not the USDA.Been farming long enough to know can't change the weather and also whining and crying over the price and politics does no good. From reading agtalk I am thinking most that post on here haven't been farming long enough to be used to all the ups and downs in farming from year to year.Every year I read all the doom and gloom and yet every year just seems like another year of farming. Anyone that decides to farm should know there will be good years and bad years and most decide to farm because they love the way of life and not to get rich.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)