AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wireless or computer problem?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 2/6/2009 06:20 (#598610 - in reply to #598522)
Subject: RE: Wireless or computer problem?

Lubbock, Texas
what ISP are you on

1. I believe when the tech said signal strength they may have been talking about the strength of the connection of their service up to your wireless router.....as far as I know there is no way they would be able to check the signal strength of your wireless router remotely from their network....is it a wireless router that they supplied.....if it is not one they supplied I would be 99% sure they they could not check that signal strength remotely.....if it is one they supplied I would still be surprised if they could check it remotely

2. I would be 100% sure it is nothing to do with your PC memory especially since you have 1 gig

3. if you have the ability I would hardwire into the router at the times the issue occurs and see if you have the issue....if so that negates the idea that it is signal strength of the router and means it is another issue

4. if you have the ability take the wireless out of the loop entirely (direct hardwired to the modem) and browse for a while and see if you have the issue....have you gone out and looked at the modem lights when the issue happens to see if the modem itself is losing connection to the network of your ISP

5. I would upgrade the firmware of your router and see if that helps......often if something is changed on the network of an ISP and the firmware of the router is not the latest release it can cause an issue like this

basically I believe there is little that will cause the signal of a wireless to become weaker from any type of weather or climate change (even algores global warming) if the signal was good and stable for a long time....I would be looking at it as an issue of the router not getting a connection from the ISP for whatever reason....hardwiring into the router or more preferably direct into the modem and seeing if there is an issue will really get you to the heart of the issue....because if you remove the "wireless" part of the equation and still have the issue that means it is between the modem and the router or the network of the ISP and the modem
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)