AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed Monitoring Ag Leader Incommand 1200
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/9/2019 13:58 (#7309135 - in reply to #7308980)
Subject: RE: Seed Monitoring Ag Leader Incommand 1200

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Nilfarmer1 - 2/9/2019 12:42

Have Incommand 1200 for guidance and yield monitoring. Wondering what it would take to use as seeding monitor for Kinze 3000 series planter? Currently have both Dickey John sensors and harness as well as oem Kinze sensors and harness for kpm2.

I use my InCommand 1200 for a variety of things on my planter and tractor. One of the things is seed monitoring. In my case the planter originally came with a Deere 350 monitor, harness, sensor etc. This is on a Deere 1770NT 24-30. The original planter monitor wiring harness is used for the most part. Each side came together to a common connector and another cable ran up the hitch where it was attached to another cable that lead to the 350.

To do seed monitoring with the Ag Leader, a module called the Seed Tube Monitoring Module (STMM) is used. In my case this module is mounted on the rear of the planter. A planter specific cable plugs into the STTM and connects to the original sensor harness where the two sides come together. The mate of that cable that lead up the hitch is no longer used but is still there along for the ride. The Ag Leader module is connected to other Ag Leader modules in my case. An Ag Leader CAN/power cable leads from the rear of the planter up the hitch and eventually mates with an Ag Leader cable which leads to the InCommad 1200. On my planter I have a Clutch Control Module for section control for the seed as well as a Liquid Product Control Module for controlling spray. I also have another module to monitor my starter fertilizer. All this plus tractor steering are handled by the InCommand 1200. This works together very well.

Since you have the DJ sensors and that harness, I would think that your layout would be very similar. You might have a different cable between the STTM and the harness leading to your DJ sensors but most styles and row layouts are available.

For corn, you get the advanced seed monitoring information. For soybeans the information is more limited due to the high flow rate for soybeans. Various maps as well as warnings are part of the package.

Edited by tedbear 2/9/2019 14:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)